JOHNSTON, R.I., USA, Nov. 30, 2023 – Christine Kocot McCoy, JD, executive vice president and general counsel of Ascension Health Alliance, one of the nation’s leading nonprofit and Catholic health systems, has been elected to the board of directors of commercial property insurer FM Global. FM Global’s board comprises executives from some of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing, distribution and service organizations.
McCoy is currently responsible for providing legal counsel to the Ascension organization, board of directors and executive management team, and leading legal services for Ascension and its subsidiary organizations. She manages affiliation initiatives, supports business development activities and handles outside legal relationships on behalf of Ascension. Earlier, she served as senior vice president of legal services and deputy general counsel.
Before joining Ascension, McCoy was a partner with the law firm Armstrong Teasdale, LLP, focusing on medical malpractice and employment litigation, representing hospitals and physicians in malpractice matters in Missouri and Illinois state courts and federal courts. She also represented management in employment- and labor-related matters before federal and state courts and local agencies in Missouri, Illinois and Washington, D.C.
“Christine brings a wealth of legal and governance expertise to the FM Global board,” said FM Global Board Chairman Thomas A. Lawson. “We welcome Christine to the FM Global family and look forward to the contributions she will make through her knowledge, experience and perspective to the management of our company.”
Other members of FM Global’s board of directors are:
- Frank T. Connor, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Textron Inc.
- Colin Day, chairman, Premier Foods, plc
- Frank Dellaquila, retired chief financial officer, Emerson Electric Company
- Michel Giannuzzi, chairman, Verallia SA
- Glenn R. Landau, president and COO, Corrugated Supplies Company, LLC
- Thomas A. Lawson, chairman, Factory Mutual Insurance Company
- John A. Luke Jr., retired chairman, WestRock Company
- Gracia C. Martore, retired president and CEO, TEGNA Inc.
- Christine M. McCarthy, strategic advisor and former senior executive vice president and chief financial officer, The Walt Disney Company
- Thomas J. Quinlan III, president and CEO, R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company
- Malcolm C. Roberts, president and CEO, Factory Mutual Insurance Company
- David T. Walton, president and CEO, Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
About FM Global
Established nearly two centuries ago, FM Global is a mutual insurance company whose capital, scientific research capability and engineering expertise are solely dedicated to property risk management and the resilience of its policyholder-owners. These owners, who share the belief that the majority of property loss is preventable, represent many of the world’s largest organizations, including one of every four Fortune 500 companies. They work with FM Global to better understand the hazards that can impact their business continuity in order to make cost-effective risk management decisions, combining property loss prevention with insurance protection.