JOHNSTON, R.I., USA—Daniel L. Knotts, chief operating officer of RR Donnelley, a global provider of integrated communication services, has been elected to the board of directors of FM Global, one of the world’s largest commercial and industrial property insurers. FM Global’s board comprises executives from some of the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing, distribution and service organizations.
Established 180 years ago, FM Global is a mutual insurance company whose capital, scientific research capability and engineering expertise are solely dedicated to property risk management and the resilience of its client-owners. These owners, who share the belief that the majority of property loss is preventable, include one of every three FORTUNE 500 companies and similar-size organizations worldwide.
“Daniel Knotts’ decades of experience in global services, operations, sales and finance will further increase the depth of our board,” said Shivan S. Subramaniam, chairman of the board. “We are especially pleased because, as a mutual company owned and directed by our policyholders, RR Donnelley has been an FM Global client for more than 100 years, making him perfectly suited for our board.”
Knotts joined RR Donnelley in 1986 and served in a variety of finance, operations, sales management and business unit leadership positions, including chief operating officer of the company’s Global Print Solutions business and group president of RR Donnelley. Knotts was named RR Donnelley’s chief operating officer in 2012.
Other members of FM Global’s board of directors are:
- Shivan S. Subramaniam, chairman, FM Global
- Frank T. Connor, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Textron Inc.
- Colin Day, chief executive, Essentra plc
- John A. Luke Jr., chairman and chief executive officer, MeadWestvaco Corporation
- Jonathan D. Mariner, chief investment officer, Major League Baseball
- Thomas A. Lawson, president and chief executive officer, FM Global
- Gracia C. Martore, president and chief executive officer, Gannett Co., Inc.
- Christine M. McCarthy, executive vice president, corporate real estate, alliances and treasurer, The Walt Disney Company
- Stuart B. Parker, president and chief executive officer, USAA
- David Pulman, former president of global manufacturing and supply, GlaxoSmithKline
- Edward J. Rapp, group president, resource industries, Caterpillar, Inc.
- James C. Thyen, retired president and chief executive officer, Kimball International, Inc.