JOHNSTON, R.I., USA—Frank T. Connor, executive vice president and chief financial officer at Textron, has been elected to the board of directors of FM Global, one of the world’s largest business property insurers. FM Global’s board comprises executives from the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing, distribution and service organizations.
Founded in 1835, FM Global is a mutual insurance company that helps more than one of every three FORTUNE 1000 companies and similar-size organizations worldwide ensure their business continuity by safeguarding their properties through a unique combination of underwriting, claims and property loss prevention engineering services.
“Frank Connor has a diverse background advising companies across a vast array of industries,” said Shivan S. Subramaniam, chairman and chief executive officer, FM Global. “He brings to FM Global’s board substantial experience in corporate finance, strategy and operational efficiency. As a mutual insurance company governed by its policyholders, his support and guidance will help ensure FM Global continues to support clients’ risk management objectives and maintain long-term partnerships with them.”
Connor was named Textron's executive vice president and chief financial officer in August 2009. He oversees Textron's finance, mergers and acquisitions, strategy, information technology and international functions. In addition to chairing the company's finance committee, he serves on Textron's executive leadership team. Prior to joining Textron, Connor spent 22 years with Goldman, Sachs & Co. where, most recently, he was managing director and head of Telecom Investment Banking. Before that, he served as Goldman, Sachs & Co.'s chief operating officer of Telecom, Technology and Media Investment Banking.
Connor earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Notre Dame and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.
Other members of FM Global’s board of directors include:
- Shivan S. Subramaniam, chairman and chief executive officer, FM Global
- Ruud H. Bosman, vice chairman, FM Global
- Walter J. Galvin, vice chairman, Emerson Electric Co.
- John A. Luke Jr., chairman and chief executive officer, MeadWestvaco Corp.
- Jonathan D. Mariner, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Major League Baseball
- Gracia C. Martore, president and chief operating officer, Gannett Co., Inc.
- Christine M. McCarthy, executive vice president, The Walt Disney Company
- Robert J. O’Toole, director and retired chairman and chief executive officer, A.O. Smith Corp.
- John R. Paolian, chief operating officer, RR Donnelly
- David Pulman, president, global manufacturing and supply, GlaxoSmithKline
- Edward J. Rapp, group president, Caterpillar, Inc.
- James C. Thyen, president and chief executive officer, Kimball International, Inc.
- Alfred J. Verrecchia, chairman of the board, Hasbro, Inc.
FM Global ranks 570 among FORTUNE magazine’s largest companies in America and is rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best and AA (Very Strong) by Fitch Ratings. The company has been named “Best Property Insurer in the World” by Euromoney magazine and “Best Global Property Insurer” by Global Finance magazine.